- They are dense in vitamins and minerals that help keep your body healthy. In addition to providing a hefty dose of protein and fiber, almonds also contain the essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6. They also contain vitamin E, zinc, calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium.
- Almonds can also help you lose weight. Because they contain fiber, protein, and the good type of fat, they help keep you full, making them an ideal healthy snack.
- Almonds are usually eaten raw, but people also add them as ingredients in salads. Almond milk is a delicious drink.
- You can eat almonds directly, preferably eat it empty stomach to ensure absorption of their nutrients.
- Mono-saturated fat, protein and potassium contained in almonds are good for the heart. Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant and reduces the risk of heart diseases. The presence of magnesium in almonds helps to avoid heart attacks.
- Almond is also a source of folic acid. Folic acid helps to reduce the incidence of birth defects in newborn babies.
- Potassium present in almond helps to regulates blood pressure. Almonds are very low in sodium which also helps in containing blood pressure.
- Almonds are rich in fibre. Like most other fibre rich food, almonds also help in preventing constipation. Make sure you drink good amount of water after eating almonds.
- One avoids the risk of Alzheimer's disease by consuming almonds.
- Having almonds will help you in relieving stress and controlling your mood swings making you feel good.
- Almond oil is also a good hair conditioner and prevents hair fall, split ends and breakage as it moisturizes the scalp.
- Soaking of almonds overnight and then peeling the skin next morning mixing with milk and honey will improve growing children's immunity and make thier bones healthy.
- Eating almonds daily improves the immunity of body against seasonal infections.
- It increases libido and sexual performance.
- Burn shell of almond and use as a tooth powder in case of teeth and gum infections.
- Muscular pain can be treated by applying garlic and almond oil.
- Regular eating of almonds improves complexion and hair density.
- Increases brain power.
They contain oxalates and excessive oxalates can cause crystallization. So people having kidney or gallbladder problems should avoid eating almonds.